Elvis' Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
For this bit of culinary capriciousness, you will need:
2 - Ripe Bananas,
1/4 Cup - Creamy Peanut Butter,
10 Slices - fluffy white sandwich bread,
Lightly Salted Butter, and,
a Large fry pan.
Here's what to do:
- Blend 1/4 cup peanut butter with two ripe bananas until the mixture is
- Spread mixture on five slices of buttered sandwich bread.
- Top with remaining five slices of bread.
- Place sandwiches in hot frying pan, in which several pats of butter have
been melted. (Don't let the butter burn!)
- Grill in butter until bread is lightly toasted.
- Grill other side of sandwich.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Makes five sandwiches.
N.b.: I don't recommend eating these things on a regular basis, unless
you intend to die young, and leave a beautiful corpse. However, from the
historical perspective, you have to try them at least once; they have a
very unique flavor. - MJL
Return to Mike's Home Page